Long U.S.-China Institute
The Long U.S.-China Institute is dedicated to studying contemporary Chinese society, politics, and culture by situating China in historical, global, and comparative perspective. In the interest of fostering bilateral engagement between China and the U.S., we support scholarship and events that facilitate mutual understanding and that highlight a diversity of voices and disciplinary approaches. We are particularly interested in bridging the gaps between academia, journalism, and the public sector.
Our core focus areas include:
- Social movements and social justice
- Domestic and comparative politics, business, and law
- Health, science, and technology
- Gender, race, and ethnicity
- China in the world and the Chinese diaspora
- China as method: researching and writing about China today
The Long Institute is additionally dedicated to making knowledge about China accessible to wide audiences. We emphasize public scholarship and are keen to highlight new and emerging voices by supporting graduate student work.